Here are our top recommendations for dual front and rear facing cameras. We list the main features of each, plus give you the opportunity to read our full reviews to enable you to make the right buying choice for your vehicle.
- TRYACE T9P is priced lower than most aftermarket Dual Dash Cam and Backup Camera Systems and is very suitable for cars or small vans or pickup trucks.
- The T9P is Wired for 2 Cameras to the recorder on a Mirror Monitor that fits over the existing rear view mirror.
- The wide angle front view dashcam gives HD 1080P and is inbuilt in the touch screen monitor. All controls are here including switching from dash to reverse camera view or both simultaneously.
- The reverse camera provides 720P resolution video images and can be mounted inside or outside the vehicle (dependant on how you use the mounting bracket). It has an IP67 waterproof rating which makes it suitable for outside installation.
- The large mirror monitor has a touch screen with all controls for the camera system and inclusive WiFi for downloading recorded data video footage.
- With Bluetooth 4+, you can enjoy hands-free communication, GPS with maps for USA, Canada and Mexico, plus ADAS warning signals – and a 32GB micro card is included.
- The Monitor gives an almost 8” viewing screen, so controls are clear and easy to use. The mirror is tinted to aid night driving.
- Both cameras’ video footage is recorded simultaneously but the mirror switches automatically to the backup view when the vehicle is in reverse rear.
KD Links R100
- This is a wired installation with both the wide angled front facing camera, or dashcam, and the reverse camera inside the car or van.
- The dashcam is inbuilt into the replacement rearview mirror monitor and the backup camera adheres to the rear window (inside) and so is not weatherproof – this is unusual.
- The Dash camera utilises WDR technology, is HD 12996P, and provides excellent images in all light conditions from a 140° angle of view.
Auto-Vox X1 Dual Dash and Backup
Auto-Vox is one of our favorite brands, and this hardwired Front and Rear view camera system is a class act.
Not only does it record both dash and reverse camera video footage at the same time – in exceptionally high quality pictures, but you can adjust the image size for either camera by touching the very big mirror monitor.
This dual camera system includes a lot of quality extras including streaming media to enhance the images, GPS, FHD recording with WDR technology, warning signs, sound.
This is the full package.
Yi Mirror Dual Dash and Backup
- This is a wired system with a front facing 1080p HD camera, and rear 720p HD camera.
- WiFi is built in for checking or downloading video footage via Yi’s App.
- The battery will give slightly longer time to operate the controls than most dashcams which is a bonus.
- The monitor is a replacement mirror that clips over your existing rearview mirror. The monitor touch screen is 4.3” with all settings and controls on it.
- Not as sophisticated as other dual cameras, it is certainly worth a consideration if you are on a budget.
We have written various information and advice posts on dual, dash and backup cameras. To find out more, click on the buttons below: