This is our review of the Pruveeo D700 7-Inch Touch Screen Backup Camera Dash Cam Front and Rear Dual Channel with 4 Pin Rear View Reversing Camera.
Another popular budget dual dash and reverse camera system.
- The large 7” replacement mirror screen fits over your existing rear view mirror and is held in place with straps – these must be pulled tight to avoid vibration.
- The image from the 1080P dashcam is very good but the 480P backup camera is slightly less effective. However, it is certainly sufficient for reversing but if you wish to drive with the back view always on you probably should look at a more expensive model like Auto Vox.
- Both cameras are recorded at the same time and either can be viewed on the touch screen if required. Your other choices are front view, rear view or normal mirror use.
- The kit comes with a power lead to the cigarette lighter to power the mirror monitor and dashcam. The backup camera is connected to the reversing light circuit so that it comes on when the vehicle is in reverse gear. Alternatively you could buy a hard wire kit and connect to the fuse box.
- You need a class 10 or better micro SD card for this kit.
Pruveeo have a lot of satisfied customers with this system. It’s a good system for the money.
However, if you have a little more to spend, see our reviews of the best Auto Vox systems around.