- Being wirelessly operated reduces the amount of wiring to be installed. You need only to connect power (12v or 24v) from either tail lights or reversing lights to the rear mounted camera; and connect the plug supplied into your cigarette lighter socket from the monitor.
- The signal should be fine up to 55/60 feet when driving at speed and much further at slower speeds. This covers most Campers and Trailers as well as Trucks.
- With a 7” screen fitted to the dashboard or windscreen you have a clear picture of what is behind, either whilst driving or reversing your vehicle. The coverage is 150 degrees and you can change the screen view on the monitor to study an obstruction or other object/vehicle.
- This video monitor has access for a second digital camera. You will need to check with Emmako’s excellent backup service as your vehicle might require a wired connection.
- The HD camera has the highest waterproof rating and contains 12 infrared lights to provide clear vision at night for reversing. The guide lines can be turned on or off as you require.
- Emmako give a 2 year warranty and a prompt and helpful customer service.
Although we consider this backup camera kit to be of a high standard, a choice of camera fitting bracket – say on to the license plate holder – would have been a bonus. However, as this system is usually employed on large vehicles or trailers, it might be best to install the camera higher up the vehicle than the license plate.
Here are the specifications:
- The product itself has 100% safety and meets any FCC/CE/RoHS/UL/IP6X standard
- Resolution: 1024*768
- Screen Size: 7 inch
- Display Component: Color TFT LCD
- Screen ratio 16:9/4:3 adjustable
- Housing Material: ABS
- Video Frequency: PAL/NTSC
- Power: DC 9V-35V
Rear view Camera Specification:
- The product itself 100% safety and met any FCC/CE/RoHS/UL/IP6X standard
- Resolution: 800 TV Lines
- Lens Viewing Angle: 150 Degrees
- Waterproof IP Rate: IP69K
- Power: DC12V-24V
And this is what you get in the box:
- 1 x 7 TFT Monitor
- 1 x Back up Camera
- 2 x Antennas
- 2 x Power Cable
- 2 x Mount Bracket
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Cigarette Light Plug
Find out more from Amazon below:
Emmako offers the same specification backup camera system for Trailers, Campers and Trucks but in a wired configuration.
The price is almost halved and, of course, you will have no concern over the consistency of the video signal.
But you will need to run some cabling though your vehicle. If this is not a problem, then this is a very good buy indeed. Find out more from Amazon below: