This post has proved to be so popular that we have updated it for Fall 2019:
- The Emmako HD 720 Backup Camera Kit is an inexpensive aftermarket wired reverse camera system with a 4.3″ Monitor mounted on the dashboard.
- The rear facing image will appear automatically when the car is in reverse gear, but you can have that view full time on the monitor when driving if you wish.
- Sufficient cable is provided for standard cabling runs through the vehicle, but if you do require extra length, (say for a pickup or van) then Emmako will provide it free of charge.
- A power supply of 9-14 volts is required, either from the reversing light circuit or the cigarette lighter. You could wire into the fuse box too.
- The 4.3” Monitor screen can be mounted with double-sided stickers provided. It offers 2 video inputs so could also include a front dashcam.
- The reverse camera is installed using your existing licence plate screws – so you do not need to drill holes in your car for this. But you will need to find a small gap/hole to pass the video cable into the trunk. The camera gives a 135° angle of view and has 7 infrared LEDs to help in poor light conditions.
- Its IP68 waterproof rating is particularly important when the camera is placed low at the rear of your vehicle.
- Control menu buttons are at the side/rear of the monitor.
With a 2 year warranty period, this Emmako HD 720 system seems to us to be a very good deal choice at a very low price.