Our top picks for 2019. Check out these 2 dashboard camera systems.
We like this small Dashcam from Aukey.
Aukey has a good name in car electronics and tech accessories. This Dash Cam is another good example of their expertise. This neat little camera will hide away behind the rearview mirror and record continuously in 1080p HD resolution.
- This unit will accommodate up to a 128GB micro SD card (around 20 hours of footage) recording in segments up to ten minutes. Its emergency recording mode will ensure that any collision will lock the recent footage and ensure it cannot be overwritten until you decide to do so.
- This dashcam will accept an Aukey GPS antenna for providing exact location and speed history. The antenna kit is around $20.
- The power supply is 12/24v from your vehicle via a super capacitor which replaces the need for a battery. The dashcam will operate as long as the vehicle engine is running. If you hardwire this installation you can use the motion detection recording monitor when the vehicle is locked and unattended.
- The camera is mounted with 3M double-sided tape so you can remove it when your vehicle is not in use.
With a two years’ warranty, the Aukey Dash Camera is a sound purchase. A G sensor, date and time setting and a decent image quality make this a good buy at its current price on Amazon.
Rove R2-4K Dash Cam
This is the top dashcam on the aftermarket right now.
- It offers up to 4K ultra HD recording that will provide a resolution of 2160P. You can select resolution from 720P for slo-mo up to 4K in normal use.
- This DVR supports up to 128GB class 10 - U3 speed micro SD card - we recommend at least 32GB. (You will need to buy this separately).
- This dash camera has a wide angle lens of 150° giving all the view you need.
- Excellent night vision comes from a very low light sensor.
- GPS accurately records your location and speed. When you put your memory card in your computer it will show exactly where you were on Google maps.
- WiFi is inbuilt for downloading to phones or other devices – using the free Rove app.
- This dashcam system includes G Sensor emergency record saving in the event of sudden stopping and is loop recording continuously.
- A full year warranty is backed by US based service support.
If your budget stretches, our favorite dashcam is certainly well worth a look. Check it out now.